On Thursday, October 28 the Kennedy Space Center Visitor’s Center is honoring the men and women of the Air Force with several special exhibits and displays, as well as musical performances and exciting live demonstrations:
- HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopter landing in the Rocket Garden
- A parachute jump by the U.S. Air Force AcademyWings of Blue Demonstration Team
- A heart-pounding F-15E Strike Eagle flyover
- Performances by the U.S. Air Force cover band, Max Impact
- A U.S. Air Force drill team demonstration
- An Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD) display, which includes a bomb suit and bomb-checking robot
- A display of cars, including the Air Force sponsored NASCAR race car and an A-10 Monster Truck
- A full-scale F-16 mock-up in Thunderbird colors will also be on display
- Tops in Blue, the premiere entertainment showcase of the U.S. Air Force, will perform a free concert for the community in the Rocket Garden at 8:00 p.m.
Pretty exciting, huh? So, yeah, this is one of the events that might be worth the drive! Especially if it involves honoring these heroes!